For any questions, recruitment support or advice please e-mail:
Click on a title below to read more about current opportunities.
See a position you're interested in? Click the link in the description to request more information.
Software Architect ( Direct Hire)
Under general guidance, the Enterprise Architect provides technology solution guidance and recommendations for business initiative projects across the enterprise. Develops a deep understanding of business objectives and strategies and ensures technology architectural vision is fully aligned with those objectives and strategies. Anticipates future business challenges and brings innovative technology solutions and options to IT leadership. This position interfaces with solution vendors, all technology areas and business lines to develop understanding of key strategies, business drivers and business objectives to research technology landscape and recommend technology strategy that will contribute to future success of the company. Promotes effective use of technology solutions to all levels of the company and functions as a design consultant with strong knowledge of best practices.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to FDA requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources.
Key Result Areas
· Design and lead the implementation of an enterprise-wide technical and architecture practice based on enterprise business requirements and information technology strategies. Provide solution architecture to projects as needed.
· Consult with business and IT leaders to develop project scopes and business cases that meet both business and IT strategies as well as roadmaps.
· Consult with infrastructure, security, and application development projects to fit systems to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs.
· Oversee the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, and the design of standard configurations.
· Define the principles to guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
· Document all technical architecture design and analysis work. Update the application portfolio and map all applications to a business capability map.
· Educates, trains, and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes.
· Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the enterprise.
· Analyze current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
· Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
Education and/or Experience
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
Preferred Education: Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
Required Experience: 7-10 years IT experience. Demonstrated experience of defining architecture & data management strategy to support the business' strategy
Preferred Experience: 10-12 years IT experience in the multiple IT disciplines.
· Cloud Services at scale – AWS/Azure (desirable), Chaos Monkey
· Security – Supported by the architecture
· Compliance – HIPAA
· Microservices architectures – Scale, Stateful Services, minimizing data redundancy
· Event driven architectures – MQ Brokers (RabbitMQ)
· Modern development practices – CI/CD, Automation, Containers, DevOps model
Senior SW Engineer ( Direct Hire)Job Summary The senior software engineer needs to develop a deep understanding of the company’s business objectives and strategies and ensures the chosen technology vision is fully aligned with those. Anticipates future business challenges and brings innovative technology solutions and options to IT leadership. This position interfaces with all technology areas and business lines to develop understanding of key strategies, business drivers and business objectives to research technology landscape and recommend technology strategy that will contribute to future success of the company. Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to FDA requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. Key Result Areas Characteristics of the Engineer Collaboration Broad and deep technical knowledge Communicability Responsibility Strategic Thinking Leadership skills Documentation Analytic skills
What we Seek ? Ability working in a DevOps environment. ? Highly proficient in modern programming languages like Java, C#, etc. ? Thorough understanding and experience with IoT protocols like MQTT, AMQP and WebSocket. ? Ability to work using SCRUM or Kanban software development frameworks. ? Experience gathering and analyzing data to determine detailed system requirements. ? Sufficient understanding of cyber security and network infrastructures to incorporate them into given architecture. ? Experience designing and implementing tests to verify proper system operation.
Job Accountabilities ? Implements proof of concepts around ideas to help the business manage risks and make technology decisions. ? Design and lead the implementation of technical and architecture practice based on business requirements and information technology strategies. Provide solution architecture to projects as needed. ? Consult with business and IT leaders to develop project scopes and business cases that meet both business and IT strategies as well as roadmaps. ? Consult with infrastructure, security, and application development projects to fit systems to given architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs. ? Be part of the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards, and the design of standard configurations. Job Description | Senior Software Engineer Page 2 of 2 ? Document all technical design and analysis work. Update the application portfolio and map all applications to a business capability map. ? Educates, trains, and provides support to other team members on newly adopted technologies and processes. ? Analyze current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. ? Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring compliance with given architecture
Scrum Master ( San Diego, - Direct Hire)
About the job:
We are searching for a Scrum Master to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration and a (potentially unhealthy) obsession with puppies and kittens (see below re: pet-friendly office!). You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application.
As a Scrum Master, you will:
- Serve as the Scrum Master for 1–3 teams working on projects such as the implementation of NLP/Machine Learning techniques and certification of our platform for data submission to third parties on behalf of our customers
- Facilitate sprint planning, post-sprint retrospectives and regular backlog grooming?
- Liaise between development and dispersed product teams (with colleagues located in San Diego and Chicago)
- Advocate for the Scrum process within the local development team and the broader organization
- Maintain relevant metrics that enable continuous improvement and insight for the broader organization
- Focus on fostering an inclusive community and fun culture with monthly team lunches, tech talks, and off-site activities
- Encourage and support continuous improvement of the team, products, and processes
- Comfortably surface problems, impediments, and dependencies during rapidly early phases to speed resolution
You’re our dream candidate if you:
- Are able to nurture self-organizing, high-performing teams through a servant leadership and mentorship approach
- Have 3+ years of Agile experience in a variety of roles, preferably with Scrum
- Are super enthusiastic about the agile/Scrum process?
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Are comfortable navigating conflicts and bringing them to resolution independently, but know when to involve others
- Know when and how to be assertive while still maintaining morale and productivity
- Understand the software development process, particularly iterative development
- Consider yourself a self-motivated and results-driven professional
Brownie points if you have any of the following:
- Experience in hospital or payer quality measurement
- Knowledge and experience with other Agile methodologies such as Kanban or XP
- Experience with Agile software development tools such as JIRA to provide visibility of sprint software development workflow
- Certified Scrum Professional – Scrum Master (CSP-SM) or Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, insurance, and a 401k with company match
- Flexible work hours and days, including work-from-home opportunities
- Community-oriented, distraction-free office in San Diego focused on innovative product development
- A pet-friendly office (please bring your dog)
- 19 PTO days per year
Technical Support Engineer ( Direct Hire)
Software Lead ( Carlsbad, - Direct Hire)
In this role, the candidate will perform and manage medical device embedded and system software architecture, partitioning, design, analysis, documentation, testing, release and change/configuration control. This role involves both people leadership as the manager of a software development team as well as individual technical contribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead an internal software development team and drive integration of external software development activities.
- Interpret and analyze system and software requirements and design inputs, break down and partition requirements into respective appropriate architectural components
- Propose and implement software architectures and designs to achieve the requirements
- Following as Agile process, develop and lead development of software consistent with the IEC62304 standard
- Evaluate and assist in implementation of cloud databases, analytics tools, and integration
- Lead and document code reviews on existing and proposed designs
- Identify resource requirements and select appropriate resources to meet requirements
- Propose and manage to applicable coding standards and best practices
- Identify problems, propose and test mitigations and drive continuous improvement
- Work with Marketing to understand and fulfill customer requirements and expectations
- Work with Software Quality to execute and manage V&V protocols and reports
- Identify risks and review & edit risk analysis
- Maintain and update the software requirements and design documentation throughout the entire system life cycle. Perform requirements traceability to ensure proper coverage of system requirements through verification tests
- Create experimental platforms to assess performance of both current and proposed solutions
- Create and manage Change Orders to complete Design History File documentation
- Review and approve Change Orders as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- The Software lead will have management responsibility over on-site developers and will coordinate with the offsite software development teams.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory or management experience.
- Demonstrated success in developing medical systems software, applying the Agile process and working in an ISO13485 regulated quality system environment
- Experience software architecture, design and coding in a variety of operating systems and frameworks, e.g. Android, iOS, Windows, Linux using Java, C++, C#, .NET Framework, SQL, and cloud database architecture
- Experience with JIRA and/or other issue tracking systems
- Experience with Bitbucket and/or other version control and repository systems
- Experience with software & system configuration control and management
- Ability to understand SW/FW/HW interactions and dependencies
- Familiarity with cloud database architectures and experience integrating SW applications with cloud hosted platforms
- Experience in object-oriented software design in embedded systems
- Experience in developing system firmware and HW/SW interface in cooperation with hardware teams
- Experience managing external/contract development resources
- Working knowledge of popular microcontroller development environments
- Firmware design and system/software integration, testing, and data analysis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision for most tasks – knowing what needs to be done and how to do it
- Good documentation, recordkeeping and data collection skills with attention to detail
- Must be skilled at managing a significant workload and obtaining positive results, taking on additional responsibility and managing priorities as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce accurate, punctual reports/information, as required and thoroughly share information with others. Must be able to read, write and speak effectively
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to seek constructive feedback, build relationships, promote teamwork and remain flexible and open-minded. Able to quickly adapt to change
- Capable of creating and following realistic plans, goal setting, resource management, contingency planning, coordinating and cooperating with others
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field
5 to 8 years of experience in the field of medical device software preferred; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
1-4 years supervisory or management experience preferred.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
Product manager -Ubuntu/Kubernetes/Openstack ( Direct Hire)
Software Engineer (Full Stack) ( San Diego, California - )
Software Engineer Type: Full-timeLocation: San Diego, CA
Solving problems is the name of the game. As a small, lean-and-mean tech team, we're responsible for making the rubber hit the road with minimum bullshit and pointy-headed management to get in the way. From conceptualization, to implementation, to deployment, we do things a little differently. If you want some cushy job where you trundle along not really doing much of consequence, then this is not the job for you; However, if you seek a challenge, not only in terms of personal growth but also the ability to effect change, then read on!
You Should Be: A Great communicator. Through precision, eloquence, and candor, we aspire to greatness. A Self starter. Taking initiative and seeing things through to completion is kind of our thing. Passionate about software. We believe that passion for a quality product is the only way to achieve positive, sustainable outcomes with software. You should too.
Gotta Haves: A strong sense of humility and willingness to learn (ego is the enemy) An open-mind, sufficient to depart from mainstream orthodoxies when necessary A robust understanding of foundational web technologies. A firm grip of Computer Science core concepts Experience with at least one of: golang, perl, node.js, rust, or C# Competency with Mysql, or other RDBMS (and the willingness to abandon them) The ability to educate yourself as needed to get the job done (reading whitepapers, etc)
Java Engineer ( San Diego, California - Direct Hire)
Are you a passionate developer with strong desire and proven track record to keep pushing the envelope to deliver solid, easy to manage and highly scalable services based on the latest open source technologies? Do you strive in a fast paced, high energy and dynamic environment? Are you looking to solve complex problems with efficient engineering solutions? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you! This role is for a server engineer to integrate Ecommerce capabilities into core services with some of the world’s largest mobile operators.
Skills / Experience Required
- Java distributed server development experience (Java 7+ preferred)
- Knowledge of servlets, REST with JSON and multi-tier service architectures
- Experience building applications with RDMS on top of Oracle or MySql
- Understanding and use of caching technologies like Memcached
- Excellent communication, teamwork and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment using Agile/scrum
- Ability to navigate and work in Linux/Unix environments
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Highly Preferred Skills
- Desire to work with distributed applications on a high volume, high traffic cloud service
- Excellence with Maven 3 and GIT
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Dedicated Support Engineer ( Lexington, Massachusetts - Direct Hire)
No two days are the same in Support & Technical Services. We engage in challenging problems to solve, constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of their Ubuntu systems. Our team is geographically distributed, speak many languages and originate from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding and we are looking for talented people with a passion for problem solving and commitment to customer happiness.
If you love learning something new all the time and it makes your day when customers and colleagues thank you for your help, this may be the job for you. We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
We are in the process of creating an enterprise-scale cloud environment, based on Ubuntu Server and its associated container technologies, for a large commercial customer in north of Atlanta, Georgia.
A Dedicated Support Engineer must be a self-motivating and self-managing person who can learn complex technologies quickly. The Dedicated Support Engineer will be on-site embedded within the customer team and be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our customer.
Your duties will include acting as the primary point of contact for all support issues, as well as providing Ubuntu Server and Cloud expertise to the customer. This allows the customer to gain proactive support and services as an integral component of the engineering team. The Dedicated Support Engineer will be directly available to the client with the assistance of a Canonical Project Manager and the Canonical Support & Technical Services team. Each day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your ticket queue, prioritising it to maximise your effectiveness while setting aside time to learn about our new products and technologies. You will also participate in various training sessions, team gatherings and Company events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Take ownership of new support cases via telephone, email and Web.
Qualify a customer inquiry by collecting the relevant facts.
Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others on the team as necessary.
On-site customer support working to resolve complex customer problems related to Ubuntu OpenStack technologies, Juju, MAAS, charms, container technologies (LXD, Docker, Docker Swarm) as well as general Ubuntu Server issues.
Manage support escalations and issue prioritisation, acting internally as a customer advocate.
Provide architectural design and recommendations for Ubuntu and technologies (MAAS, Juju, Landscape, container technologies, etc.).
Act as the named, dedicated contact for support issues for the customer.
Participate in regular calls with customer to discuss project direction.
Liaise within various engineering teams to triage and resolve customer issues.
Ensure that each support case owned by you is handled as per our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
Contribute your findings to a common knowledge base and keep it up to date.
Gain subject matter expertise in one or more domains.
Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
Capable of placing servers in top of racks
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 years experience of supporting Linux systems in enterprise environments.
Senior Level Linux Professional LPIC-3 (or equivalent) certification or experience.
Direct experience working with Docker (Engine, Compose, Networks, Storage, Images etc ) and Docker Swarm orchestration.
Extensive experience with OpenStack using ceph as block storage, virtualization and other Cloud technologies.
Automated Linux provisioning and advanced configuration.
Advanced system administration tasks (auditing, monitoring, logging, performance tuning, capacity planning, etc.).
Advanced troubleshooting (up to core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Advanced storage (CEPH, RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
Open Source software development.
Development level and troubleshooting experience with at least 2 programming languages like Bash, C, Python, GO, etc .
Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high level of detail.
Experience managing customer relationship: consulting, account management, or direct support.
Experience with Ubuntu or Debian. Must be able to understand Ubuntu OS bugs and advise on next steps, acting as a generalist when necessary.
Strong networking and social skills, good relationship building abilities, process driven, able to manage multiple work streams, good prioritisation, independent.
Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role, meeting delivery goals and timelines.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Debian packaging experience and knowledge of Ubuntu development processes.
Direct experience with MAAS and Juju.
Familiarity with server automation tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc)
Proven Open Source development skills using current and accepted open source tooling and troubleshooting methodologies.
Familiarity with Open Source process and community practices required as well as familiarity with Open Source business model desirable.
Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise.
Knowledge of Operating Systems other than Ubuntu.
Fluency in languages other than English
Core Systems Development manager ( Malvern, Pennsylvania - Direct Hire)
The development manager of the Core Systems team will be a hands-on leader of a multi-functional team made up of engineers, SQA analysts and a business analyst. The position plays a central role in the development and maintenance of the core systems, and the utilization of Salesforce for various business processes. The team would be responsible for the technical aspects, the design, development and delivery of these core systems and the integration of Salesforce. The Manager will be responsible for all project planning for the team and collaborate with other development groups across BioTelemetry to successfully implement projects.
Must have the technical knowledge to fully understand the design, architecture and implementation of the middleware and of the existing systems to which it connects. And the discipline to define architecture standards and see that they are enforced.
In addition, the candidate must have HIPAA experience and experience formulating and executing a strategy around systems integration and the creation and implementation of scalable solutions supporting multiple locations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Provide middleware services between the enterprises systems.
· Responsible for core systems which includes requirements, design, development and deployment of any requested enhancements and maintenance work on those systems managed by the team.
· Responsible for the definition, architecture, implementation and maintenance of the integration between the middleware services and Salesforce.
· Work with the middleware team to provide required data and service needs for other to enterprise systems and physician portal.
· Manage team members to provide high quality solutions for the Operations group. Ensures team is structured to effectively deliver value via high quality and high availability application solutions.
· Manage software project planning and allocation of resources, assign and coordinate work of team. Reports on status of development against plans and ensures that team knows and is working toward plan.
· Collaborate with other members of the group to prioritize initiatives and effective resource planning.
· Develop and apply consistent, standardized development processes for the team that are regularly updated through lessons learned from previous projects.
· Be able to evaluate current staff, monitor individual performance and team organization.
· Aid in the development of software development strategy utilizing industry standards.
· Motivate, lead and develop a team of diverse individuals with a variety of experience levels and skill sets.
· Work collaboratively within the group and with cross functional IT teams as part of larger IT organization.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
· BS degree a must, Master’s Degree a plus.
· 10+ years of technical experience with 5+ years in a leadership/management experience.
· Expert knowledge and experience in designing and building enterprise systems and component based architecture utilizing Microsoft .NET (C#), ASP.NET MVC and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Salesforce experience implementing custom solutions utilizing Service Cloud.
· Track record of successful delivery as a development and in a leadership role.
· Experience working within an Agile/SCRUM based development environment.
· Demonstrated experience improving development processes.
· Experience developing solutions utilizing Azure and/or AWS.
· Familiarity with enterprise architecture and interface design, and proven success architecting complex software solutions.
· Strong Interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to create application development strategies and execute on those strategies.
· Experience managing multiple projects and resource management.